Call for Abstracts
We encourage the submission of abstracts highlighting practical, tested, culturally-appropriate strategies or best practices that can be implemented in community health development initiatives. Desired topics for submission include, but are not limited to:
· Best practices, knowledge and lessons learned from successes and challenges in community health initiatives across Northeast Ohio and beyond
· Innovative methodology to address social determinants of health of a community and/or special and underserved populations
· Use of data-driven and evidence-based practices in public and community health
· Cross-sector partnerships to advance population health and health equity
· Trends to build and/or rebuild thriving communities
Submissions will be evaluated for oral presentation during a breakout session, or as part of a panel. Abstracts should be composed of no more than 250 words, not including the title.
Organize your abstract into the following sections:
· Purpose and Introduction to problem/issue
· Learning objective(s)
· Conclusion and recommendation(s) for practice
Additionally, please include the following information after the body of your abstract.
· Primary author/presenter’s name and contact information (including phone and email)
· Name(s) of co-author(s)
· Brief biographical statement of the primary author (composed of no more than 150 words)
Materials must be submitted as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1st, 2018 (11:59 p.m. EST). We will notify submitting authors of accepted papers by July 9th, 2018. Please direct any questions to Jennifer King via the email address above.